What is Transitions and what is coaching/mentoring support?
We aim to help you achieve and maintain your independence and wellbeing, through a coaching/mentoring relationship with a volunteer. Coaching is a series of conversations which help you to discover for yourself the best way to achieve your goals. No advice or specialist knowledge is involved. Through asking questions, giving feedback and gently challenging, a coach helps you get more clarity and decide what you need to do. Mentoring is similar but your volunteer may have some prior life experience that they bring to the conversation and may make suggestions or offer some ideas. Transitions is a combination of both.
We can help you to set and achieve short term goals, take actions to increase your skills and knowledge, and build your resilience to better manage life’s ups and downs.
For example, we can support you to:
- Manage a move: from accommodation search, meeting landlords, bidding on Home Choice etc, through preparations such as sourcing furniture & removals, to getting bills set up and utilities connected etc.
- Get more involved in social groups, activities and events in your local community, to reduce isolation and develop your social skills
- Prepare for moving into employment: such as find out about and access courses or other learning activities, take on volunteer roles, develop your CV and job search skills, link in with employment support agencies etc
- Access the resources, and develop the skills you need, to be able to manage daily living tasks such as: budgeting, shopping, cooking, cleaning, correspondence, or managing health conditions
- Access specialist services as appropriate, this may include supporting you to make phone calls and accompanying you to initial appointments
- Find ways to overcome obstacles, solve problems, think more positively and build your confidence, to be able to manage independently of Transitions.
If you would like to find out more about how it works, what is not covered, how quickly matches happen and what experience our volunteers have, please click here.
How do I apply?
You can download a referral form here or contact the Project Co-ordinator on 01392 284280 or 07531 870203 or email email@example.com. In the form, we ask for information from professionals you have been involved with, such as a social worker or support provider. This helps us understand what help you have received to date, whether Transitions is the right service for you, and what your needs might be. We will then invite you to meet for an initial consultation to explore these further.
We ask about your needs in the following five areas:
- Tenancy and the home environment
- Managing money, bills & correspondence
- Health & wellbeing, both physical & emotional
- Volunteering, training & employment and
- Relationships, social life & leisure time
If you would like to find out more about Transitions or apply for support you can download what you need here.