Exeter Community Initiatives
Statement of Transitions’ response to Covid-19 (as at 21/10/2020)
In line with government guidelines, Transitions services currently offered (subject to capacity) are:
- We offer 1-1 coaching by phone, video chat, or face to face meetings in outside areas or inside where social distancing measures are in place.
- Face to face meetings will NOT be offered to those defined according to the government guidelines as “clinically vulnerable”.
- Initial consultations by phone, video chat or face to face meetings (as above) for new applicants, and subsequently matching clients with volunteers using any of these media as agreed.
- Where all parties are in agreement, groups of up to 6 people from different households can meet while observing social distancing measures. This covers scenarios such as, where volunteers are ‘shadowing’ other volunteers or staff as part of their learning; or where clients are encouraged to ‘buddy up’ with other clients to extend their social circle.
- All staff, volunteers and clients will be expected to use hand sanitiser prior to and after a meeting, wear masks according to the government guidelines, maintain a distance of two metres and avoid passing items between them. Any additional measures are subject to agreement and personal preference.
- We continue to produce regular newsletters via email and up-dating information on our website and social media channels.
- Using Zoom to deliver workshops and to conduct new volunteer induction sessions.
For more information contact: email@example.com or 07531 870203
Laura Callaway, Transitions Project Co-ordinator