Statement of Transitions’ response to Covid-19 – Reviewed 12th May 2020
We took the precaution of cancelling all face to face meetings between clients, volunteers and staff, in light of official guidance to limit non-essential travel and social contact, until further notice.
However, we were keen to maintain contact by phone, text, email or video chat with both clients and volunteers to offer support and help combat feelings of isolation. We contacted all current clients, volunteers and applicants to explain the restrictions to the service, to check on their welfare and to link them into any community support being offered in their area.
Transitions services offered (subject to capacity) are:
- Weekly phone calls, text message, email or video chat according to preference, to all current matched or case-worked clients.
- Initial consultations by phone or video chat for new applicants
- Welfare checks by phone for new applicants and those who are waiting to be matched with a volunteer
- Where appropriate, we offer coaching by phone or video chat, and can match people using 3-way phone calls or video chats
- Producing regular newsletters via email and up-dating information on our website and social media channels
- Using Zoom to deliver Workshops that had been previously planned
- Conducting new volunteer induction sessions via Zoom
In light of the easing of Government restrictions we will be exploring:
- Whether 1:1 meetings can happen in parks/open spaces or whilst going for a walk whilst maintaining social distancing. This will be subject to volunteers and clients being willing and wanting to do this.